The Danger of Distance (and cognitive dissonance) is an ongoing collaboration between Emma Fishwick and Matt Cornell working across embodied mediums (dancing) and design elements (objects and text).
One recent outcome was published in This Container.
Central themes cover
- the tyranny of distance in an Australian cultural narrative as well as international art community and touring circuit.
- the technology driven market incentives leading towards disembodiment in our industrialised living environments
- the polarisation of political, community and family discussions, values and peer groups
- cognitive bias, dissonance, echo-chambers and pseudoscience
- dancing and designed objects as gateway to more-than-the-sum-of-their-parts experience